This Unit on Nursing Home Abuse offers legal information and assistance for those who experience harm as a result of abuse or neglect by the employees and owners of the nursing home.
- Nursing Home Abuse Claims: Nursing homes offers the best care; however, there are cases where you or your family member is hurt by poorly-operated nursing home facility. Here are different claims that you can raise against nursing homes.
- Nursing Home Injuries: Proof of Loss: Similar to any personal injury claim, the individual who files lawsuit should show that he/she is harmed. Find out about the different ways to show damages.
- Legal Rights of Nursing Home Residents: The residents and patients of nursing homes are elderly and inform people, and therefore, considered as vulnerable to abuse but are protected by special rights. This article describes the rights of the residents of nursing homes.
- Statutory Protection of Elderly Persons: Although it is our dream that everybody will be taken care of when we get old. However, this is not always the case. This article defines how the society ensures that the elderly people are in safe and pleasing accommodations.
- Nursing Home Checklist: This article provides a checklist to ensure that the nursing home you visit sustains basic living standards.
- Nursing Home Abuse FAQ: Here are some frequently-asked questions to find out about the basic laws surrounding the nursing home abuse, the rights of the residents and patients in nursing homes, ways these elderly people can be abused and exploited, and where to file claims in case of abuse.