We all use beauty products on a regular basis – soap, shampoo, lotion, cologne, and make-up to name a few. Oftentimes, we fail to scan through the list of ingredients at the back of the container before throwing a beauty product into our shopping cart, overlooking the possibility of an ingredient or two, which we might be allergic to. A study found that more than a third of people have had an allergic reaction to a cosmetic ingredient. Skin reactions can come in two kinds of contact dermatitis.
Many of us enjoy eating out at our favorite restaurants and trying out new dishes and cuisines. However, an enjoyable activity such as eating out can be spoiled by falling victim to food poisoning, which is accidentally eating food containing bacteria or viruses. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 people get hospitalized, and 3,000 die from food-borne diseases in the United States each year. Bacteria and viruses in food are the main causes of food poisoning. E.coli, salmonella, and listeria.
Around 16 million Americans every year suffer from depression, with 32.5 years old as the median age of onset. Depression is the leading cause of disability in the United States. Everyone feels down once in a while and may even have bouts of depressive moods. However, depression is a more persistent experience of lack of energy, negative thoughts, and a desolate outlook in life. Someone who has felt sad and miserable most of the time for more than two weeks and/or has had some of the following signs.
In a vehicular accident, three primary things are taken into consideration when analyzing the situation or filing a case: the driver, the roadway, and the vehicle. Investigators concluded that 75% of all accidents are due to driver failure, 15% to highway or road deficiencies, and 10% to vehicular malfunctions. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 57% of motorcycle accidents happen in urban areas, while the remaining 43% occur in rural areas. A percentage of road accidents are caused by poor signs and signals on the.
We have all seen someone pull a prank at some point in our lives. A search on Youtube will pull up millions of it. We may even have pulled a few ourselves. Pranks can range from covering someone’s mouse sensor with a piece of tape to pretending to shoot someone to scare a passing pedestrian. Sometimes, however, even innocent pranks can go very wrong and could result in injury or sometimes even death. Most funny pranks start out innocently; however, the act of carrying out the prank may.
When looking for a bike, whether it be a mountain bike or a road bike, there are certain things you need to consider. Take into account your budget, the terrain you will be biking over, and the kind of bike that will fit your needs. Most importantly, regardless of the type of bike you may end up purchasing, you’ll need to pay special attention to the bike components. When purchasing a bicycle, you’ll need to check the frame to make sure that the size and weight fit you.
Whether it is a month-long backpacking tour in Europe or a 12-day trip in Japan, what we mostly have in mind when planning a trip are the itinerary, budget, and the checklist of things to bring. However, what most people usually overlook is preparing for possible injuries and untoward incidents while traveling. It may seem like a bit of a buzzkill to think about accidents while planning a trip, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. Below are some of the most common injuries while traveling: Traffic Accidents..
One of the first skills most children learn is how to ride a bike. Countless hours of enjoyment amid scrapes and bruises easily form some of our more unforgettable memories. Nowadays, however, biking is more than just for fun. Benefits and Risks We have touched on the increasing popularity of biking in the recent years in our previous article. Biking to work, a form of active commuting, can be economical. It can help you save on fuel and vehicle maintenance expenditures which on average can cost over $8,000.
Accidents and unintentional injuries are among the leading causes of death in the United States. Being awake and alert is one key factor to avoid such unfortunate incidents. Unfortunately, 50-70 million adults in the US have a sleep disorder, with insomnia as the most common. Thirty percent reported having short-term insomnia, while 10% had the chronic kind. Insomnia is the perception or complaint of poor-quality or insufficient sleep, which is due to a number of factors such as difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep, waking up too early.