Burns are among the most common and devastating types of personal injuries that affect thousands of people in California each year. If you have been seriously burned in an accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another, you should contact a California burn injury attorney at Hogan Injury as soon as possible. Our legal team understands the many challenges that arise after serious burn injuries are sustained. You suddenly find yourself thrust into a situation wherein you are facing considerable pain, costly medical bills and a very uncertain future.
Our San Francisco burn injury attorneys can help you recover compensation for your injuries so that you can begin to pick up the pieces of your life. When you have a burn injury attorney by your side, you can focus on recovering while he or she will get to work on building a strong case for you by:
- Gathering and securing all related evidence, including police and fire department reports and photos of the accident scene
- Reviewing medical records and reports regarding your burn injuries
- Working with expert medical professionals to evaluate the full extent of your injuries and to determine the costs associated with any needed future medical treatment and rehab
- Retaining accident investigators, safety inspectors or electricians to help establish the cause of the accident accident and to determine what party or parties are responsible for your burn injuries
It is possible that your burn injury attorney can successfully secure a settlement before your case goes to trial. It is common for an insurance company to offer an inadequate settlement that does not fully compensate a burn injury victim for all the damages he or she has suffered. The attorney working with you may enter into negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf to help ensure that the compensation settlement you are offered is fair and just. If we cannot obtain an adequate offer in these negotiations, we are more than prepared to take your case to trial.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Among the most common causes of burn injuries are:
- On-the-job accidents
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Building fires
- Electrocution and other types of electrical burns
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals
- Thermal burns
- Defects in flame-retardant clothing and other products
- Faulty products
Burn Injury Compensation
Your burn injury attorney will help you obtain compensation that will cover:
- Your medical costs – past, current and future
- The emotional and psychological stress you’ve experienced
- Lost wages and the inability to earn future income
- Physical pain and suffering you’ve endured and will continue to endure
Hogan Injury is a California Bay Area law firm that understands your struggles because we are just like you. Our no-free policy guarantees that you never pay us an upfront fee. Instead, you only pay us if we win or settle your case. This allows you to concentrate on what’s important which is recovering from your injuries. Contact us today or schedule an appointment on our website so that we can meet with you soon to discuss your injuries and the legal options you have.