Workers’ Compensation Basics
Generally, employees who have been hurt or injured while on the job, and at times even if they are away from the workplace, may be able to claim workers’ compensation benefits.
However, workers’ compensation benefits are guided by the laws of the specific state that has jurisdiction over the employer and employee, and there are also specific rules and guidelines that need to be followed in filing a claim.
In this section, you will find some helpful information regarding workers’ compensation including overview and in-depth discussion of issues related to workers’ compensation, and answers to frequently asked questions about this topic.
Learn About Workers’ Compensation Basics
- Workers’ Comp Benefits Explained: This article discusses workers’ compensation benefits in a more detailed manner, and provides an explanation on topics under workers’ compensation.
- Workers’ Comp In-Depth: This article discusses in more detail the workers’ compensation insurance, including its coverage, and how to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- What Types of Injuries are Compensable?: Most work-related injuries are covered by workers’ compensation, but there are other injuries that may not be covered even if they happened at the place of work. Find out what those injuries are by reading this article.
- Workers’ Comp: Employers’ Responsibilities: Different states have different laws regarding workers’ compensation, but most require employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance to their employees. Find out what are the other responsibilities of the employer in terms of workers’ compensation, and the possible consequences of their failure to comply.
- Workers’ Comp and Returning to Work: Find out what the employee’s benefits are under workers’ compensation, as well as what happens when they return to work after their injury and while they are still receiving workers’ compensation benefits.