Life is not always smooth sailing and without any notice, anybody experiences natural calamities, accidents, and injuries. Insurance is designed to provide us with some guarantee of protection in the form of financial assistance during untoward events of life like calamity.
There are various types of insurance and there may be hard to determine which is necessary. Basically, one consider some factors like age, lifestyle, children, and employment benefits to determine which insurance is appropriate for him/her, and for you.
Even though it is essential to safeguard yourself during calamities or injuries, insurance may be expensive. Because of this, it is crucial to thoroughly evaluate your risks to avoid financial mess. The following are the common types of insurance and their features:
- Homeowner’s Insurance protects you from damage to homes and objects in your home. This insurance may protect you from accidents at home like slip and falls or any injury that resulted from your own actions. There are policies that may cover liability or some high-risks natural calamities.
- Car Insurance is an automobile insurance mandated by law that covers all road vehicles such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, and the like. Car insurance protects you from physical damage and bodily injuries that result from crash and liability from collision.
- Life Insurance protects you from financial losses which are associated with death. There is a monthly premium payment that you have to pay for the benefits you can get to designated beneficiary upon your death. This insurance will gives you peace of mind with the assurance that your loved ones will not be weighed down financially upon your death.
- Property Insurance is ideal for the businessman who owns a building, computers, office equipment, or inventory. The policies protect you during fires, theft, vandalism, smoke damage, and the like. Small-scale businessman may also consider business interruption or loss of earnings insurance as part of the policy to protect their earnings when the business fails to operate.
- Business Owner Policy or BOP is a policy package that covers all required coverage that a businessman may need. Usually BOP includes business interruption insurance, property insurance, vehicle coverage, crime insurance, and liability insurance. The insurance policy holder may based the specific needs of his/her company to cover and include in the policy of BOP because the packages of services usually costs less than buying all of the individual coverage separately.
- Renter’s Insurance is a subset of the homeowner’s insurance used by renters that protects them from damage to physical property, contents of the property, and it may also cover personal injuries in the home.