The best time to file a work injury claim is within the day of the injury. If the injury or illness developed over time, report it as soon as you can. Fill out a claim form and give it to your employer within 30 days of your injury. Failure to do so could result in your WC Claim being denied.

Once you have submitted your claim to your employer, they have 5 days to get it to your insurance carrier. Within 14 days, you should receive a letter from your insurance carrier. Giving the forms to your employer begins the WC case. This is important. In California, if your claim is not accepted or denied within 90 days, it is presumed that work caused your injury.

There are a few benefits you are entitled to under Workers’ Compensation (WC). One of them is medical care. If you sustained an injury or an illness at work, your employer may be required to help you recover. You are also entitled to disability benefits. If the disability is temporary, you may receive compensation in the form of lost wages. You are also compensated if the disability is permanent.

You are also entitled to up to $10,000 in medical treatment while your case is being considered. If you have any questions or concerns, the best thing to do is to contact an attorney. A lawyer will be able to listen to the details of your case and give you legal advice. Good luck.

Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


image description
Jack Morgan CALL US! 866-205-4971

We will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Hogan Injury will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.