If you did not cause the accident you’re involved with, there are vital things you should do to help you file a claim with the other party’s insurer, known as (the third-party claim):
1. Check yourself for injuries or seek medical help.
2. Get the driver’s information – name, address, phone number, insurance carrier and policy information
3. Gather evidence – take photos of the damages
4. Talk to the witnesses – get the witnesses’ information and statements
5. Call the police – report the incident to the authorities
6. Notify the at-fault driver’s insurer- inform them of the incident.
7. Hire a lawyer- to seek legal advice and to assist you with your case.