Unfortunately, numerous factors bring about collisions between commercial trucks and regular cars. The most common factors are fatigue and careless driving. Even if the accident had occurred, it is possible that the driver may not be at fault. There might also be an inherent problem with the truck.
Injuries are often life-threatening when automobiles get involved in this type of accidents so trying to reduce the risk factors that lead to this type of accidents can be life-savers.
To avoid such collisions, here’s a list to help prevent such accidents from happening:
1. Reduce driver distractions like cell phones and in-vehicle entertainment systems.
2. Never drive aggressively. Always pay attention when you overtake a truck.
3. Pay attention to the road ahead of you especially when the weather conditions are bad.
4. Avoid the vehicle blind spots when taking a corner or changing lanes. Try to always stay visible.
5. Try not to drive too close to the back of the truck. It may jackknifes, rolls, skids, or makes a sudden stop when you don’t expect.
6. Always pay attention when you overtake a truck.
7. Maintain your vehicle safe all the time and keep your inspections up to date.
There are many unexpected things that can appear on the road. Driving safely can help minimize the potential risk of an accident.