Trials are often costly and unpredictable and can be a risky method of resolving a dispute. The majority of civil lawsuits filed in the United States settle without ever going to trial including the slip and fall cases.
The following are the procedure and steps that will help you strengthen the case and increase the chances of recovering the most favorable settlement for your slip and fall case:
1. Prove a causal link between the accident and your injury.
2. Determining whether the property owner is at fault for your slip and fall injury and demonstrate the negligence of the property owner, manager, or an employee, i.e., failing to correct a dangerous condition.
3. Write down what happened right after the accident, circumstances and even the exact location and time of the day while it’s still fresh in your mind. Avoid any exaggeration of your injury.
4. Write down the reaction of the employee or owner of the property after you fell.
5. Find witnesses and get their contact information and asked them for written statements.
6. Photograph different angle of the location and also take photos of your injuries, if possible get security camera footage.
7. Get medical attention as soon as possible regardless of the symptom and keep all medical records.
8. Preserve the clothes and shoes worn at that time and do not wear them until after you have settled your case.
9. Seek legal counsel to help you with the case to ensure you have the correct legal representation to assist you.