Motorcycle accident can be classified according to the damage or injury acquired. In the event of slight bruises, minor vehicle damage, no one else is hurt, and when you were the one who caused the accident, it is not necessary to get a lawyer to assist or help. It is better to try to settle the problem or negotiate appropriately as possible to save time and prevent inconvenience. However, when a motorcycle accident comes into a certain point that the victim had severe injury or damage, then that’s the time the victim should get or hire a lawyer to assist or help take legal action.
There are many cases to get or seek help from a lawyer. Listed below the types of reasons when you should get a lawyer:
1. If the insurance company refuses to pay or when the client refuses to take responsibility for the accident. There are also insurance companies pay lower than the amount that is acceptable. In that case, a lawyer is needed to negotiate and to compel the company to pay a fair settlement.
2. If there are disputed liability where the insurance company will try negotiate with the policyholder not to accept the liability. A legal assistance of a motorcycle accident attorney will be needed to settle the case.
3. When you are not aware of the legal actions or procedures to gather evidence or will help you along the way to be guided.
4. When you have severe injury may include the time it will take to fully recovered and the overall cost of the medical bills such as X-ray, hospital bills and payment for medical practitioners.
5. When claiming compensations to the accident, for example, loss of earnings or earning capacity, pain, and suffering and replacement or repair of the damaged vehicle.