All workers injured while on the job qualify for worker’s comp. For example, Falling debris at a construction site hurt your legs or any other part of your body. Another one would be, inhaling harmful chemicals due to lack of protective gear. Even psychological trauma from a work-related incident can qualify you for worker’s comp.

But, you will no longer have worker’s comp coverage if you’ve reported the incident after employment termination.

When involved in work-related accident, it’s important to document your injuries and file a report to your employer within 30 days after you have learned about your injury. Then, fill out the Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC 1). Your employer should provide this form to you within one working day after your you submitted the report. Make sure to keep a copy of the form before submitting it to your employer.

The employer is then responsible for filling out the employer section and forwarding the form to the insurance company. You must also request for a copy of the completed form from your employer. The insurance company will then update you with the status of your claim within 14 days after receiving the form.

Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


image description
Jack Morgan CALL US! 866-205-4971

We will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Hogan Injury will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.