Yes, you need a medical certificate, which will be part of the basis of calculating your benefits under the workers’ compensation system.

Your medical records are your official documentation of your injuries and the associated costs. As soon as you sustain a work-related injury, immediately seek medical attention, even if you think it’s not an emergency. You are not bound to the first doctor you consult for treatment; if you want, you may also seek a second opinion. The main thing is to keep track of all your medical records, as these detailed records of your treatment are necessary to recover workers’ compensation.

Workers’ compensation claims adjusters and medical bill reviewers will then look at the paperwork of your claim. You should also make sure to comply with the treatment regime prescribed by your doctor, as any deviation and resulting injury may be used as grounds to contest your claim.

If any of this sounds confusing to you, consult with a workers’ compensation lawyer who can help you navigate the system. Recovery from insurance carriers can be very complex and stressful, especially on top of the injury you sustained, so consider hiring an attorney who will help you with all these details.

Would you like to discuss your legal matter?


image description
Jack Morgan CALL US! 866-205-4971

We will assist in scheduling new and existing clients for all offices. For initial consultations we will ask you a few questions and then find the best time for you to talk to one of the lawyers that best fits your legal matter.

Call us or use the email form and we will follow up with you right away.


The Law Offices of Hogan Injury will provide you with personalized attention and guidance. Protecting your rights is our main objective. We have been representing clients for the past 30 years and our experienced team of attorneys will advise you of the legal consequences of every decision you take.