We’ve all heard of tragic car accidents in which people have been grievously injured or lost their lives. And the fact is that although people fear plane crashes more, car accidents are far more common. So it’s best to take all the proper precautions when you’re driving your car, especially if you’re driving at rush hour, in traffic. Not only do you have to make sure that you follow all the rules, it’s also best to avoid drivers who don’t seem to be doing so. Here are some driving tips:
- Follow the Speed Limit: It’s best to be cognizant of the speed that you’re going at. Don’t increase your speed over the speed limit just to pass other vehicles or to avoid a yellow or red light.
- Concentrate: If you’re busy listening to music and singing along, that will make driving a lot more fun but it might detract from your ability to concentrate on what you’re doing. So does talking to friends, even on a hands-free headset. You can do all these things if you’re not driving in heavy traffic but if you are driving at rush hour, they are best avoided.
- Avoid Rush Hour: Obviously, if you can avoid traveling at rush hour, it is best to do so. If you can change your work timings in order to go in a little early or a little late, then you will be able to relax while you are driving.
- Take a Longer Route: Sometimes, taking a longer, scenic route is actually safer than taking the most direct route, especially if there isn’t too much traffic on the way.
- Seatbelts, Car Seats: If you’re an adult, you need to use a seat belt and if you’re transporting a child, make sure they have a car seat. These are regular precautions which will help to control the whiplash effect in case you’re caught in a car accident.
Contact us for more great tips on avoiding a car accident.