When you’re caught in a motorcycle accident, you’re bound to be disoriented for a few days. When you start feeling like yourself again, it can be tempting to start doing too much too soon. However, it’s best to return to your normal life slowly and, if possible, get a lawyer to help you with filing your insurance claim. Here are the benefits of getting a lawyer:
- Experience: Your lawyer has worked with many clients. So they know exactly how to deal with your insurance company and what forms need to be filled out. You might have to learn all this information, but your lawyer will have it at their fingertips.
- Fast Turnaround: When you’re working with a lawyer, they’re going to know exactly how to expedite things for you. You may forget certain documents/paperwork which have to be filed, thus delaying your payment. But your lawyer will remember all these things.
- Less Hassle: It can be quite a chore trying out figure out how to file an insurance claim, especially if your insurance company challenges it or refuses to pay it. Most likely, these things won’t happen when you work with a lawyer. So there will be less hassle involved overall.
- Fast Recovery: If your lawyer files your insurance paperwork for you, you’ll get all the medical attention you need without any problem of unpaid bills. This means that you will recover from your injuries faster and you can go back to your normal life as soon as possible.
- Proving Innocence: There might be some cases where law enforcement officials or even insurance company representatives believe that the motorcycle accident is your fault. Maybe they think that you were drinking and riding or not following roadside safety laws. In such cases, your lawyer will make sure you receive the best defense possible after collecting all the necessary evidence.
Contact us to learn more about how getting a lawyer can help you after a motorcycle accident.