Avandia refers to medication that is used to treat type 2 or adult-onset diabetes. However, in 2001, the US Food and Drug Administration declared that Avandia and other diabetes drugs would hold “black box” warnings about the risks of heart failures linked with the use of these drugs. This segment covers health and legal information about Avandia, which is under the generic name rosiglitazone.
- Long-Term Risk of Cardiovascular Events with Avandia (Rosgilitazone) – Journal of the American Medical Association
- New England Journal of Medicine Study on Avandia
FDA Information on Avandia:
- FDA Announcement on “Black Box” Warning for Avandia
- FDA Safety Alert on Avandia
- FDA Information on Avandia