One of the essential things to consider in a slip and fall injury case is proving your case by gathering and preserving evidence as much as possible to support your claim. One of the most effective evidence in court is photographs.
In any type of accident, photographic evidence is a powerful and efficient form of evidence to help you win the case. It is tangible evidence the court can hold or view while listening to testimony. Aside from the written reports or testimony, pictures can be useful evidence to help further explain the accident, person involved, witnesses, and who may have caused it.
The following will help you win the slip and fall accident case:
1. Determining whether the property owner is at fault for your slip and fall injury and demonstrate the negligence of the property owner, manager, or an employee, i.e., failing to correct a dangerous condition.
2. Write down what happened right after the accident, circumstances and even the exact location and time of the day while it’s still fresh in your mind.
3. Write down the reaction of the employee or owner of the property after you fell.
4. Find witnesses and get their contact information and asked them for written statements.
5. Photograph different angle of the location and also take photos of your injuries.
6. Get medical attention as soon as possible regardless of the symptom and keep all medical records.
7. Preserve the clothes and shoes worn at that time and do not wear them until after you have settled your case.
8. Seek legal counsel to help you with the case.