As a passenger in a motorcycle accident, you were not to blame. Therefore you are also entitled to recover a full amount of damage.
Motorcycle passenger is often injured because they have less control over what happens and no control over the motorcycle itself. Hence, they are more susceptible to injuries and deserve the rights equal to the compensation that can claim by the motorcycle operator.
The passenger may file a lawsuit to claim insurance policy or in a situation that the passenger does not have insurance they may be covered by the insurance company of the motorcycle operator and the other vehicle.
They can also claim the compensations: medical bills, pain, and suffering, loss of wages and or damage to properties like gadgets, etc. However, there is also exclusion from third-party claims.
Listed below are the exclusions for the passenger claim according to Keith Stachowiak:
1. You currently have a licensed vehicle that does not have insurance.
2. You used a car without permission.
3. You contributed to your own injury.
4. You committed a felony at the time of the injury.
5. You used the car of someone living in your household but are own a vehicle that is not insured.
6. Although there some exclusion in the list that may not be applied, it is beneficial that you consult a lawyer to know your rights to fairly settle any claims for compensations.