One of the critical things to consider in a slip and fall injury case is proving your case by gathering and preserving evidence as much as possible.
1. Demonstrate the negligence of the property owner, manager, or an employee; for example, failing to put wet floor warnings.
2. Write down what happened right after the accident and the exact location and time of the day.
3. Write down the reaction of the employee or owner of the property after you fell.
4. Find witnesses if there are any, and get their contact information. Take their written statements.
5. Take photos of the place where the accident happened and of your injuries.
6. Get medical attention as soon as possible regardless of the symptom and keep all medical records.
7. Preserve the clothes and shoes worn at that time and do not wear them until after you have settled your case.
8. Seek legal counsel to help you with the case. You can contact Hogan Injury for expert legal advice.